Today we’re going to talk about history, something I don’t do very often here on the Feel Good English podcast, but this book that I’ve recently read is very interesting and I wanted to share something different with you, very interesting ideas on the history of humans, going all the way back three hundred thousand years, three hundred thousand years.
I’m going to talk about five main changes, transitions that happened during our evolution that has led us to common times.
If this is interesting to you I would highly recommend searching out the book we’re going to talk about today which is called “Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind.” The author of this book is Yuval Noah Harari.
I’m going to talk about some of the key concepts from the book to give you an idea of what it’s about and also, of course, to help you build your English knowledge, teaching you some new vocabulary, phrasal verbs, expressions and whatever may come about. Hope you enjoy this episode. Now let’s get into the lesson on “Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind.”
- There have been major “events” that have made us what we are today
- The Cognitive Revolution made humans able to survive in harsh environments.
- The Agricultural Revolution gave us the tools to produce food, and create our own properties
- Through being able to survive longer, populations exploded and rules and hierarchies were created to control populations
- Religion was a tool created to enforce laws and create communities
- The Scientific Revolution took us from religion based to pro-active. This also caused much more colonization around the worl
- Even though we are more comfortable than we’ve ever been, are we happier?
Get 2 audio books, for free!