How to Stay Motivated with English Learning
Even if we have a clear plan and know which direction we want to go, staying motivated can be difficult. And this is the key to achieving success!
So how do we stay motivated?
In this episode, I answer a question from a listener about how to stay motivated when learning English. Learn 4 simple steps based on a system by the master success coach Tony Robbins.
- Feed your mind positive content through reading and listening to good books, podcasts, TedTalks, etc..
- We naturally will start feeling down and unmotivated if you don’t take care of yourself and your mind
- Energize your body because these two are connected! Exercise is key if you want to stay motivated
- surround yourself with positive people. Success is contagious, let their energy influence yours
- Minimize time with negative people. If they bring you down, don’t give them much of your time
- Help others! Teaching English to learners at a lower level than your will not only motivate you but help you improve much faster
to let (something) slide (5:00) – to let something happen without consequences or making necessary changes
success leaves “CLUES” (5:50) – a clue is a sign that shows how something works or why it happened
get you out of a rut (8:25) – to get out of a period of feeling down, depressed
get you back on track (8:30) – to return to a positive and productive state