Start Loving the Job You Hate
Instead of changing jobs every six months, why don’t you learn a way to start loving the job you currently have?
There is a common philosophy out there that we have to follow our passion and find the perfect job based on what we love to do in life.
Well finding a job based on your passion is often not even possible. But there is a way to enjoy the job you have a lot more, and in the book, “So Good They Can’t Ignore You” by Cal Newport, you will learn:
- Why following your passion is a bad idea
- Why more people today are dissatisfied with their jobs than in the past
- What you should do instead of looking for the “perfect” job
- What skills you should develop in today’s competitive job market.
Apply it to Your English Fluency
In this episode, I will show you how you can take the lessons from the book and not only enjoy your job more, but see faster progress in your English speaking skills too.
- passion vs. hobby. What is it you’re dealing with?
- People are mistakingly thinking their job should be perfect. Don’t fall into that trap.
- You have to get really good at what you currently do. This increases job satisfaction.
- You have to earn a great job through a mindset of “how can I bring value?”
- You need to have control over your work for true satisfaction, but this is earned through hard work.
- Develop rare and valuable skills.
- Strategic and deliberate study is how we become experts in our field
- got to talking with somebody (beginning) – to start doing something
- misguiding 2:34 – getting bad information, going down the wrong path
- put aside 3:13 – to get out of your way so something doesn’t distract you
- kush job 7:20 – comfortable job, kush can also be used for furniture
- awkward 10:20 – uncomfortable
- you’ll kill it – do very well
- show them who’s boss (expression) – show them who is in charge
“A boss is like a diaper: they are always on your ass, and full of crap.”
*on your ass = always asking you to do things and bothering you
*crap = shit