What is a Growth Mindset?
How do you become a better English speaker? What do you do when you face challenges and obstacles in English learning?
“Mindset” author, Carol Dweck, wants to share that our children need to know
how to react to challenges not only in
In this episode, we will also be talking about the Ted Talk, also by Carol Dweck, called “The Power of Believing That You Can Improve”.
The Main Points
Growth mindset means basically setting your attitude into that one who thinks
about the unlimited opportunities he/she can get.
– This means that if you allow yourself to think that you can, then you will
– Being out of our comfort zone indicates improvement, Carol has stated that
our brains actually work when we are facing challenges.
– When we teach children that we are facing frustrating challenges, we are actually
building a stronger and more effective brain.
– To cope means to deal with our problems according to our
of saying no.
– Parents and teachers should praise children wisely.
– By doing these things, parents can make their children more resilient and hardy,
meaning they are more capable of enduring difficult decisions.
A teacher tells her classroom, “Whoever answers my next question can go home”.
Then one of the boys throws his bag out of the window.
And then the teacher says “Who just threw that?” and the boy says
“Me! Okay, I’m going home now”.
By throwing his bag outside the window, the student has prompted his
teacher to ask a question thus allowing the student to answer the teacher’s question with two pronouns.