Control Your Emotions
Our emotions happen for a reason. They help us deal with our environment, and are oven based on survival.
But they can also cause problems for you. Learning how to be emotionally smart is well, smart.
EQ = emotional intelligence. We can improve our EQ through practice and learning.Become better at controlling your emotions to handle difficult situations, like speaking English, more gracefully and effectively.
- emotions help us understand and interact with our environment
- when we are overly emotional there is no room in your brains for rational thinking.
- we carry past emotions with us through life, and they can continue to affect our reactions to situations
- we need to learn how to deal with past emotions so they don’t interfere with our behavior
- you have to learn how to recognize and label your emotions
- being able to delay gratification takes Emotional Intelligence
- practice using inner dialogues, asking yourself questions to investigate why you are feeling a certain way
- how we explain our successes and failures to ourselves makes a difference in how we act
to impede – To impede something is to delay or block its progress or movement. Carrying six heavy bags will impede your progress if you’re trying to walk across town.
make sound judgments – logically valid. My mother always makes sound judgments because she thinks a lot before acting
to be prone to – If you’re prone to doing something, it means you’re likely to do it, have a habit of doing it, or are susceptible to it. People who are prone to getting the flu every winter should probably get a flu shot in the fall.
to dampen – To dampen something is to stifle it, to lessen its effect, or to moisten it. Getting a cold will dampen your enthusiasm.
to feel left out – to feel excluded, like you aren’t involved with other people. Johhny felt left out when he wasn’t invited to the baseball game
it comes down to – be the essential element. It all comes down to how hard you work
How to astronomers organize a party? The planet!
*planets are cool!
Get 2 audio books, for free!