Don't Wait for Others to Choose You - Choose Yourself by James Altucher
The American dream system has come to an end and has been long gone, and we as a collective society has become more submissive than ever and it’s become even harder to keep up with Jones’ in our current time.In this episode, I’ll be talking about a book titled Choose Yourself by
In this episode, I’ll be talking about a book titled Choose Yourself by
James Altucher, a successful writer, podcaster, and businessman, and how we can
get rid of our fear of rejection, become an idea machine, and how we can live our lives
in the now.
Apply these ideas to life, business, and English learning, and become a happier human being.
- Stop worrying about the past and the future, we cannot change the past and we
cannot predict the future.
- We are now moving in the era of personal freedom.
- By choosing yourself (and for yourself), you are avoiding the trap of continuously
chasing money, and becoming a better person.
- To combat this, make an effort to be in the moment, continuously focusing on the now
- Searching for our life’s purpose is pointless and stressful and can lead us to
pseudocide, the act of searching for purpose, striving for success, and ultimately
leaving everything behind because of all the stress you’ve amassed.
- Reclaim control of your dreams and take full responsibility for your success
- Keeping up with the Jones’: a phrasal verb, means having as much as the next
person. To be equal in terms of wealth, material possessions and etc.
- Facade: maintaining a false image
- To make a living: an expression, how someone makes money to pay for their lifestyle.
- Elderly: an old person
- To come up with: means to create
- Leads to burnout: an expression, to become exhausted, to use up all your energy
- Keep your mind rooted in the present: an expression, to remain stable, or connected
to a current situation
- Pseudocide: to quit everything in hopes of starting a new life completely thinking
all your current problems will disappear.
- Carrying zero baggage: not carrying any baggage, having no problems
- Self-empowered: getting yourself empowered, motivated, inspired
“Yo mama is so fat, I took a picture of her last Christmas and the picture is still printing.”
Ooohh. That’s rough.
*because of your mother’s large size, her picture hasn’t finished printing.
About James Altucher: http://www.jamesaltucher.com/
Get FREE Transcripts
DOWNLOAD all seven transcripts to The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People series.